Users looking for easiest way to create Windows 10 bootable USB drive can try Windows 10 creation tool, released by Microsoft and in this article, you will find out how to do that step by step.
Microsoft released the Windows 10 Media Creation tool just to help users looking for the easiest way to download the Windows 10 ISO file directly from Microsoft without entering the product key of Windows 10. Besides letting you download the ISO file of Windows 10 from Microsoft, it also let you do two things:
- Let you upgrade your current Windows 10 installation.
- Create Windows 10 Installation Media to use on other PC’s
Our today’s article is about how to create Bootable USB of Windows 10 using Windows 10 Media Creation tool. This means we will take advantage of this helpful tool to create Installation Media for Windows 10. So, if you want to perform clean install of Windows 10, check the steps in upcoming lines:
Create Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive using Media Creation Tool
1. The first step is to download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool from the Microsoft website.
2. After downloading the tool, run the setup and when UAC dialog box appears, click Yes to continue.
3. License Term Windows will appear, you need to click Accept to Continue.
4. Setup will start loading with message Getting a few things ready
5. Windows will appear with the title What do you want to do? With two different options:
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create Installation Media for another PC
6. To create Windows 10 Installation media for another PC. You need to go with second option Create Installation Media for another PC and click Next.
7. Here on this screen first you need to Untick Use Recommended options for this PC
8. Now Select Language (English), Edition, and Architecture 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64) of your choice. You can even select both if you want both 32-bit or 64-bit on the same USB.
Note: The edition of Windows 10 which you select in above step will install both Pro and Home editions. Your product key or digital entitlement will find, if Pro or Home editions of Windows 10 get installed during the Windows Setup.
During the Windows Setup, if you skip the step where you need to enter the product key, you will be asked to select the edition to install on your computer out of Home and Pro.
9. In the next screen, you need to select USB flash drive option, and click Next.
Note: Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool, you can only create bootable USB drive, not the DVD. In case, you want to create bootable DVD drive of Windows 10, select the ISO file option and burn the DVD after downloading the ISO.
You can also create Windows 10 bootable USB using Command Prompt. For that, check out guide on how to Grab the ISO of Windows 10 and use this guide to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive from ISO
10. Now you need to connect USB Flash Drive or Stick and click on the link labeled as Refresh drive list. From the list select your USB stick and click on Next.
Note: Your USB Drive needs to be 4GB or above in size to get a good result.
11. Windows 10 will start downloading in the background. If you want, you can minimize the windows and do other work.
12. Once downloading is done, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready for use. Click on Finish.
After creating the bootable USB of Windows 10. You’re ready to use this drive on any PC with no internet connection. You can check our guide on how to clean install Windows 10 if you’re looking for fresh start.
Have fun with Windows 10 and if you have any queries related to a tutorial drop in the comments.