WhatsApp for web client is already available and users can access their WhatsApp account just by visiting the web page using the supported web browser. In case, you don’t want to depend on the browser and want to try it right away from the desktop, then you can try official WhatsApp app for Windows 10.
The official WhatsApp app for Windows 10 and Windows 8 PC is available. Now what this mean is that users can use WhatsApp on Windows 10 | 8 PC without opening a web browser.
Unlike WhatsApp for Web, the WhatsApp client for Windows 10 | 8 is highly responsive and fast. You need to have active internet connection on your smartphone (iOS and Android) in order to receive and send images, messages, audios as well as videos on your Windows 10 | 8 desktop.
In case, you spend most of your time sitting in front of your Windows 10 | 8 PC daily, then you will love to use WhatsApp for Windows 10 | 8. As you can easily ready and make a reply to WhatsApp messages without even touching your smartphone.
The user interface of WhatsApp for Web and WhatsApp app for Windows 10 | 8 is almost same. The only difference is that you don’t need to launch the web browser to use WhatsApp if you’re using WhatsApp client for Windows desktop.
Now, this doesn’t mean that the WhatsApp for Web client is useless as it has its own importance. Suppose, you’re working on office or someone else PC and make some quick reply, then you can use WhatsApp for Web client and once the conversation is finished, you can log out leaving no trace of your chat.
Also, you can use WhatsApp for Web on any version of Windows OS, the only thing you require is the browser who support WhatsApp for Web version.
Download and Install WhatsApp for Windows 10 | 8
Without wasting any second, lets come to the topic on which this whole tutorial is based. So you’re very passionate about using the WhatsApp for Windows 10 | 8 then you can follow the instruction mentioned below to download and install WhatsApp on Windows 10 | 8 in less than two minutes.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Download WhatsApp app for Windows 10 | 8. For that, visit Official WhatsApp Download page. The setup file is about 88 MB.
- If you’re using Windows 10 | 8 (32-bit version), then download using this link: WhatsApp for Windows 10 | 8 32-bit version
- If you’re using Windows 10 | 8 (64-bit version), then download using this link: WhatsApp for Windows 10 | 8 64-bit version
2. Run the Setup and in few second following screen will appear:
3. Now open the WhatsApp application on any of the following smartphones:
- On Android: in the Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web.
- On iPhone: go to Settings > WhatsApp Web.
- On Windows Phone: in the Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web.
Make sure following smartphone is connected to the active internet connection.
4. You need to tap on the option which reads WhatsApp Web to launch the QR code scanner. On your smartphone, the QR code will look just like shown in the following screenshot:
5. Using your smartphone, you need to scan the QR code printed on the WhatsApp app on your Windows 10 desktop. On your smartphone, you need to tap on the OK, Got it or related button to scan the code.
That’s it. In no second the WhatsApp app for Windows 10 | 8 will be scanned by WhatsApp QR scanner and the all the information will be sent to WhatsApp server accompanied by WhatsApp app on your Windows 10 | 8.
On your Windows 10 PC, you will see the following screen after the code is scanned.
Why don’t you give a try to WhatsApp app for Windows 10 | 8 PC and share your thoughts in the comments?