If you want to block all annoying ads, malware and tracking while using Edge browser in Windows 10? In this article, I will share the tutorial on how to download and install Adblock Plus on Edge browser in Windows 10.
Microsoft Edge is the default browser in the Windows 10, comes with lots of cool features and has the potential to compete with all the modern browser available in the market, but still need lots of improvement. Microsoft is working hard to improve the browser and a few days ago introduced extension support. At the moment, there are not many extensions available for Edge. If you need help regarding installation of Extension of Edge browser, check out our tutorial on how to install Microsoft Edge extensions in Windows 10
Recently, Microsoft announced that they are planning AdBlock or AdBlock Plus extension for Edge browser so that users can block annoying ads. These are two best ad blocker apps which are used by users across the world. So it will be great news for users who’re using Microsoft Edge browser as the default browser in Windows 10.
To download and install LastPass Extension on the Edge browser, you must be running Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607. Check out this article to Download and Install Windows 10 Anniversary Update
The links to download AdBlock and Adblock Plus from Windows store was first shared by WalkingCat on Twitter. In upcoming lines, you will read steps on how to download these extensions from Windows store and install them on Edge Browser.
Note: The procedure to download and install Adblock and AdBlock plus is similar and In this tutorial I will use AdBlock Plus as an example.
How to Download and Install AdBlock Plus on Edge Browser
2. On the extension page, click on a Free button and it will start downloading the extension.
3. Once the extension is installed. Launch Edge browser, click on (…) more action icon and from the options click on Extensions.
4. Here you will see AdBlock Or Adblock Plus is listed but turned off by default.
5. To configure the extension. Click on the extension and you will read about the extension including all the features. You will also see AdBlock or Adblock Plus option which is turned off by default. You need to move the toggle to turn it ON and a pop-up will appear. Click on Turn on.
Tip: In case you want to show the extension button next to address bar. Simply move the toggle of the option labeled as Show button next to the address bar.
6. You can also click on Options button to configure the extension.
7. At any point, if you want to uninstall the extension from Edge browser. Just click on Uninstall button available at the bottom. Now Pop-up will appear, click OK to confirm the uninstallation.
Note: Make sure AdBlock and AdBlock Plus are the extensions developed made by different companies. So download the one which you think works better.
For articles on Microsoft Edge browser, visit Microsoft Edge Browser Section
This is how you can download and install AdBlock Plus on Edge browser in Windows 10. Try out your favorite extension to disable annoying ads, malware, and related stuff.