Can’t wait to download Windows 7 Service Pack 2 on your computer? The wait is over, Microsoft has released convenience rollup package for Windows 7 and in this article, you will find out how to do it.
Whenever you clean install Windows 7 using ISO file integrated with Service Pack 1, it takes almost ages to install all the important security updates and fixes. Due to this reason, reinstalling the Windows 7 using genuine installation media of Windows 7 SP1 is like a nightmare. It’s because Windows 7 was released in 2011, that means the clean install of Windows has five years of individual security patches and fixes to download and install. Particularly, this means multiple reboots to make your system up-to-date.
Microsoft has decided to pull all the Windows 7 users from this situation and released a convenience rollup for Windows 7 Sp1 a.k.a Windows 7 Service Pack 2 which will definitely save your time. The convenience rollup package will work like Service Pack 2 for Windows 10 which contain all the security patches and updates for the core component of the operating system, released after Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
The Convenience rollup package is cumulative that means once you install it on your computer you don’t need to install any update released upto April 2016. The package contains five years of updates into a single patch and is released under ID KB3125574.
The Convenience update (KB3125574) is options for the users who already have up-to-date Windows 7 installed on their laptops or computer. To get this update, you must have 2015, service stack update (KB3020369) installed on your computer.
Download Windows 7 Service Pack 2 (Convenience Rollup Update for Service Pack 1)
The users running Windows 7 on their computer and laptops can easily get the convenience rollup update (KB3125573) from the Windows Update Catalog. For that, you need to visit the website using Internet Explore. Just open the link: Download Windows 7 Convenience rollup 32-64 bit to get there.
You can also get the direct links of the Windows 7 Convenience rollup. For downloading, use the following links:
- Convenience rollup Package (Windows 7 Service Pack 2 Download 32-Bit)
- Convenience rollup Package (Windows 7 Service Pack 2 Download 64-Bit)
Additionally, following the are the direct links to download (KB3020369) Update:
In case you want to integrate the Convenience Rollup Package into Windows 7 Service Pack One ISO. It can also be done. Follow the steps mentioned in the following lines to create:
- Windows 7 service pack 2 download 32-bit iso
- Windows 7 service pack 2 download 64-bit iso
Integrate Windows 7 Convenience rollup Package (32-64) bit into SP1 ISO
While you can directly install the update by installing Windows 7 SP1 and KB3020369, there might be users who want to create the installation media with all the updates and fixes of Convenience rollup package into it. Here is how to do it:
1. First of all, you need to copy all the files from installation media to a new folder. For example, it will be like C:\ISO\Win7SP1
2. After that launch the Command prompt with admin rights and execute the following command:
Dism /Get-WIMInfo /WimFile:C:\ISO\Win7SP1\sources\install.wim
3. Now execute the following command to mount the Windows image offline:
Dism /Mount-WIM /WimFile:C:\ISO\Win7SP1\sources\install.wim /Name:"Windows 7 Ultimate" /MountDir:C:\ISO\unpacked
4. This will mount the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 editions files to folder C:\ISO\unpacked.
Note: Make sure this folder exist on your system
5. Execute another command to integrate KB3020369
Dism /Image:C:\ISO\unpacked /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\packages\Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64.msu
Dism /Image:C:\ISO\unpacked /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\packages\Windows6.1-KB3020369-x86.msu
6. Now type the following command to add the KB3125574 convenience rollup package into the image.
Dism /Image:C:\ISO\unpacked /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\packages\windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64_2dafb1d203c8964239af3048b5dd4b1264cd93b9.msu
Dism /Image:C:\ISO\unpacked /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\packages\windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x86_ba1ff5537312561795cc04db0b02fbb0a74b2cbd.msu
7. At last, execute this command to finish the process, as this will commit all the changes and unmount the ISO image
Dism /Unmount-WIM /MountDir:C:\ISO\unpacked /Commit
Note: Make sure to type the correct paths and file name in the commands to complete the process successfully.
In above steps, I used Windows 7 Ultimate edition to make Windows 7 ultimate service pack 2 (32-64) bit iso. But using the same procedure, you can also make:
- Windows 7 Professional service pack 2 (32-64) bit iso
- Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 2 (32-64) bit iso
- Windows 7 Enterprise service pack 2 (32-64) bit iso
So why don’t you download Windows 7 Service Pack 2 also know as Windows 7 Convenience rollup Package and integrate it into installation media using above guide.
Recommended Offer from Winranx.com
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive | Amazon Sale Price : $119
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro USB Flash Drive | Amazon Sale Price: $189
Also let me know in the comments if you want Microsoft to release Windows 7 Service Pack 3 Download 32-Bit as well as Windows 7 Service Pack 2 Download 64-Bit or not?