Want to try the upcoming Microsoft Paint app for Windows 10? The good news is that it is available for download and in this article; you will find out all the information related to the app including the link to download it.
Microsoft is working on the upcoming paint app for Windows 10 which is going to replace the old paint app for Windows 10. The latest version of the Microsoft paint app is going to be a universal app and chances are high that it will available for the Windows 10 devices including the Windows 10 mobiles.
There is no official statement made by the company when the application will available for the users. But as of writing this article, there are two leaked videos of the new paint app available on the internet as well as the full Appx of Microsoft paint app for Windows 10.
And today I will share with you the way to install and test the preview of the Microsoft’s new paint app for Windows 10. But first, it is important to know a little about Microsoft paint app.
Download Microsoft Paint app for Windows 10
Microsoft paint is one of the oldest painting apps which is available in the all the versions of Windows. It let you draw, paint and make a minor adjustment to your photos. The paint app is very simple, yet a powerful image editor.
Now the company has decided to replace the classic paint app with new Universal Windows Platform apps with a fresh look and some new features. The leaked video of the new Microsoft paint app showcase features like entirely fresh look by keeping pen input in mind accompanied with potential to create and alter basic 3D models.
It featuring tools like brushes, markers, and different art tools to help users in creating different objects. Even the upcoming paint app for Windows 10 can also transform 2D drawing into 3D objects.
Features of New Microsoft Paint App for Windows 10
- Open and edit JPG, PNG, BMP and others.
- Crop, and rotate an image.
- Changing the size of an image.
- Selection of a type and size of the pen, pencil or brush.
- Various Hexadecimal colors.
- Customizable text (font, size, color, background color, centering, bold, italic, underline).
- Forms in 2D and highly customizable.
- Elements in 3D with a minimum of customization.
- Access to the community to discuss this project.
- Import and export of 3D models.
- Sharing the image.
- Many other functions.
The preview package of the Paint app for Windows 10 is available at the moment which is first shared by the WindowsBlogItalia. According to information shared on their blog post, the users who have enrolled to receive Windows 10 Insider build can preview the app right now.
What you’ll require
- The new Paint app for Windows 10 can be installed on Windows 10 November Update (Build 10586), Anniversary Update (Build 14393) and Redstone 2 (Build 14936 or later) 64-Bit.
- Disable Update Apps Automatically feature in Store. For that:
- Launch the Windows Store App
- Go to account, by clicking on the profile icon available at the top right side of the screen.
- Here disable Update apps automatically.
File You’ll Require
Check out following links to download the upcoming Microsoft Paint App Package for Windows 10
- Link shared by WindowsBlogItalia on their site
- Mirror link shared by WithinRafael on Twitter
- Mirror link shared by @evil_pro on Twitter
How to Download and Install New Microsoft Paint App for Windows 10
- Download the Paint app package from the above-mentioned links.
- After that extract the package using any archiving tool in the root of the local disk C: drive (in the drive where you have installed the Windows OS)
- Launch the Windows Powershell. For that, search the same using Start menu search bar. Once it appears in the search results, click to launch it.
Note: Make sure to launch the Windows Powershell as administrator
- In the Windows Powershell window type the following command and hit enter:
Add-AppxPackage C: \ Paint-WindowsBlogItaliawatermark-app-paint-for-pc
- Once the application is installed on your Windows 10 PC the new Paint preview app will appear in the Start menu.
Check out the some of the photos of upcoming paint app for Windows 10
Note: Make sure not to update this new paint app because if you do so, the application will be removed automatically.
So what are you waiting for guys, why don’t you try the preview of the new paint app? Also let us know, if you really enjoyed the refined version of Microsoft Paint or you still want to stick with classic paint application bundled with Windows 10?