Want to hide Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10? Actually, it is possible and in the article, you will find a detailed guide on how to do that.
After performing a clean installation of Windows 10, the first icon added to the desktop is of Recycle Bin. But not all the users are a fan of this Recycle Bin icon and prefer to remove it from the desktop.
Removing or deleting the Recycle Bin icon from Windows 10 desktop you need to perform some additional steps as there is no delete option available in the context menu (right-click menu).
To get rid of Recycle bin icon users need to take the help of Desktop Icon Settings to hide it from the Windows 10 desktop. Simply follow the steps provided below for hiding, remove or delete Recycle Bin icon from Windows 10 Desktop.
Hide/Remove/Delete Recycle Bin icon from Windows 10 Desktop
1. Launch the Settings app. For that, you can use WIN + I hotkeys
2. After that, click on the Personalization.
3. On the left pane switch to Theme tab. Now on the right pane, click on the link which reads Desktop icon settings under Related settings.
Alternatively, you can reach at this point quickly by making right click on the desktop and from the desktop context menu click on Personalization.
4. Now Desktop Icon window will appear. Here you need to untick(selected by default) the box next to the Recycle bin icon and click on the Apply button to make the changes.
After making the above changes Recycle bin icon will disappear from the Windows 10 desktop. Check out the following screen for more details:
There is also an alternate method to quickly hide Recycle bin icon from Windows 10 desktop. Here is what you need to do
1. Just make right click on the Windows 10 Desktop to bring the desktop context menu.
2. In the context menu click on the View option and then on the Show desktop icons. By default, you will see tick mark next to this option. just like shown in the following image:
This will hide all the desktop icons available on the desktop including the Recycle bin icon.
Hide Recycle bin icon from Navigation pane of Windows 10
Recycle bin icon is not only available on the desktop, but also on the navigation pane of Windows 10.
By default, it is hidden. Due to some reason if Recycle bin icon is appearing under navigation pane, then you can also get rid of it with few click. Here is what you need to:
1. Launch the Windows 10 File Explore using WIN + E hotkeys
2. Here head over to the top and switch to View tab and click on Navigation pane down arrow.
From the options, make a single click on Show all folder (With tick mark left to it) and in no second Recycle bin icon will disappear from the navigation pane.
Why don’t you try these simple steps to hide Recycle bin icon from Windows 10 desktop and navigation pane. In case you need any assistance feel free to drop a comment.